Sunday, March 23, 2008

If you're considering applying in the future...

I've been an admission counselor for...a long time...no need for me to be specific. You'll just have to take my word for it!

Why have I stayed in admission all this time? This line of work never gets boring. Every year, I learn something new from the students I meet.

I'd love for you to tell me how my keeping this blog might help you as you start or continue your college search. As a student (or a parent of a student) interested in the University of Miami, it's become important to me that you have the answers you need. Who knows how things will turn out in the end? There's no way I can predict any outcomes -- but at least I know that I did my best to help you along the way.

What do you want to know? What do you think I should know about you?

Leave your comments, and keep your eyes on my next posts...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gillis,

My husband and our son have toured the U of Miami campus and the Architecture Dept. and they said how beautiful it was. My son loves the size of the campus. He is a junior in high school now. We have and continue to visit several colleges. I see that the cost at U of Miami has increased since last year + Bright Futures' recipients are already taking a hit (our college daughter is one). Our son is highly ranked, has a great un-weighted and weighted GPA, has done well on his first SAT, is active in clubs, and very active in volunteering. Even though the U of Miami may be a good fit for our son, we wonder how difficult the competition will be and if we will be expected to come up with a large amount of money. With another child in college, we know that there can be many other unforeseen costs. I need any insight you can provide. Renee

Medini Pradhan said...

Hello Edward,

I was browsing throught the emails that have been coming from Miami and I found your blog. Thank you for keeping us informed about the going ons at the University. My daughter has not stopped talking about Miami ever since her interview. She loved your campus and is waiting on pins and needles to see if she got accepted to the HPM prgram. I have been all around the world but Florida. I do hope she gets accepted in your prestigious program. Looking forward to making Miami our home for my daughter.

Looking forward to reading your blog.